Thursday, November 02, 2006

Press release from Spragge

PRESS RELEASE

Contact: Bob Dodd
Campaign Manager 

Team Jan Spragge

(905) 885-0664
bob@doddmedia.com

SPRAGGE WITHRAWS FROM RACE

After careful consideration of the current local political scene and detailed evaluation following weeks of activity across the riding, I have decided to withdraw my name as a candidate for nomination in the riding of Northumberland Quinte West in the next Provincial election.  It became quite apparent that more time was required for me to be successful and time ran out.

The lead up to the nomination has been an experience which I value and will benefit from as I consider future options.  I continue to stand for a positive vision for our riding and our province.  My dedication to responsible government as well as commitment to assisting John Tory in becoming Premier of Ontario remains paramount.

I cannot say enough about my many supporters and the encouragement they have given me since entering the race.  And, I thank them wholeheartedly for their support. 

I would especially like to thank my team and advisors.  They should be proud of the innovative campaign they have run. 

Team Spragge has attracted many new and young people to the political process who in turn have fresh and innovative ideas on how government needs to be run.  I sincerely hope that our campaign is just the start of political reform and that these innovators carry on to change the face of politics to reflect a growing need for less restrictive and less intrusive government that promotes greater personal freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home