Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Being called on my criticism of Williams

I received an excellent email today from a blog reader who chastized me for being overly critical of mayoralty candidate Lloyd Williams. The author called on me to be more fair and balanced in my commentary.

This is my response:

"Thanks. Maybe you are right. I want change. Call it tough love. He is a good man and I respect him. However, I am really frustrated with his campaign. That’s when I start writing. I agree with  his stand on the police and the senior centre. I admire how he handled the protection services portfolio over his time in office during the last term. He is one reason we got a contract negotiated with the officers and staff. Lloyd is hardworking, dedicated, truly caring and listens. While I may not always agree with some of his positions, I believe he puts a lot of effort and thought into it.

Delanty’s campaign is a juggernaut. There is plenty of fodder for Lloyd to capitalize on to make the public aware of the weaknesses of his opponent. Sometimes, he gets bogged down in process (nuts and bolts). Maybe I am missing those times when he is hammering away. But, I think the campaign has to get a lot harder hitting if he hopes to win."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home